Sunday, November 30, 2008

enjoy your evening... 1:30 PM 30 November 2008

Hi,

The Mumbai seige is over, the defence forces killed the terrorists...some terrorists are still open at large... though the incidents in Mumbai have been taken care of... people have died... the heores have laid their life... the Defence minister has tendered his resignation...lets see what happens now... those who did it should be crushed COMPLETELY...Nevertheless, in midst of the eventful week... the title to this post mark the words of my senior...

My mother had gone to visit her sister... I planned to spend the weekend with friends but as you know my luck as it is... the evening on Friday took a drastic turn....at 8:00 PM on Friday night while I was STILL in office...I got an urgent query which had to be replied on Friday itself... it was a major restructuring query... we (the tax team, which on Friday at 8:00 PM consisted of only 2 of my seniors and myself... it was impossible to restructure the deal the very same day because it needed lot of thinking and planning...

I was asked to think over it, make a proposed structure and discuss... so I did... I made a structure and then discussed it with my senior at 11:OO PM on Friday night... the structure was approved and I was told that the same needs to be discussed on Monday morning with the Partner. So by implication I had to prepare the document by Monday morning... consisting the proposed structure of the transaction and all the indirect tax implication... and at the end of the conversation my senior said "now forget about the work and enjoy you evening...".
I smiled, said 'Thank you!!' and thought... I planned to have a relaxed and evenful weekend and here I was...a big task on my head which needs to be finished by Monday morning...

I decided no to spoil my weekend ...so I didn't... my cousine came along with me to my house and we woke up late on Saturday morning, watched a movie in the afternoon and then my friends joined us in the evening...and we chatted till 3:00 AM, went to Kumsum at Nizamudin Railway Station to have some grub, came back at 5:00 AM and slept..

I woke up only sometime back...

After a very very long time I relaxed and detoxed myself during the weekend... I am HAPPY..!!

But I will now have to work throughout the day to complete the task...which I am hopefull that I would be able to finish

adios
sam

No comments: