Thursday, November 20, 2008

hi..

Hi All,

If you are visiting my blog, in all probabilities you would be knowing me...hence I do not see a reason to introduce myself. In case you don’t…leave a comment and I shall do the needful in my next post…

For a long time in the past I have been avidly visiting and reading some of my friends' blogs...and was thinking why do they actually need to write and let everyone read it and form an opinion about them/ their post?... what is the use of expressing one's opinion and feelings on the web?.... why to make there personal spaces public....?

But now here I am...writing one myself...

Now the reasons of me deciding to write a blog are many....

Firstly, the boredom... since I have joined the job, my life has become very routine.... wake up at 7am...get ready...take the cab at 8am....drive f50 kms....cross 3 states (UP, Delhi and Haryana) to reach office at 9:30 am.... start work and keep working till late....again drive for 50 kms and reach home by 1-2 am and sleep... monday to friday...the same routine without any change. I got bored of this routine and wanted to bring some change in it.... hence the decision to write a blog.

Secondly, majority of my friends have moved to Mumbai and the remaining who are in Delhi are also busy in their routine life... therefore, there is no one to share the ups and downs of daily life... we don't get to meet very often and there is not much time to talk on phone.... so i decided to start writing a blog and share my daily life with you through this blog (if you choose to visit my blog often and read what i write, though i don't care much).

Thirdly, writing a blog would give me a reason to go online from home and utilize the 128 kbps broadband connection which I got installed at my home in the very first week of me shiting there.... (a lame reason though)

And fourthly, over the period of time I realized that writing a blog is a vent to one’s thoughts and a medium to let others (friends and strangers inclusive) read it... it gives a sense of sharing.... therefore….

So now you know the reasons why I decided to write this blog...

By the way... for those who don't know.... I work in a consultancy and I work in the tax department specializing in indirect taxes in relation to real estate, defense, government, power, infrastructure and blah blah blah...sounds interesting.... sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't....

Right now I am sitting in my office...the time is 12.32 PM everyone is working around me ...someone is talking to a client on the phone... lot of flowers kept on the adjacent desk (it was my colleague’s birthday yesterday), a small money plant on my table (which I water every second day), some books and my laptop in front of me…. And I am thinking what to write in the memorandum need to prepare by this evening.

However, I am writing this blog because I have enough time to finish it....

You must be wondering that if I have time to finish the memorandum...why don't I finish it now and go home early....the answer to the query is because I have a call in the evening, so no matter what I will have to stay till late to take the call.

Anyways, I think I should now finish the memo and go out to have some nice ‘parathas’ in the bright sunny weather…reminds me of ‘Chamunda’…..

Well, on that note....I bid adeu...and would certainly try to continue writing...and keep you updated....

adios...
sam

9 comments:

gunjan said...

Hey Sam,
Certainly I know you and your routine. Well, for some similar reasons I also started writing a blog (long back..it must be stale now..) but you know what it gives some unknown satisfaction to write it out. Actually life doesn't gives you deadlines, it always maintains its urgency and so if we get a medium to let ourselves out in some way..i think it works.
And guess what, you start feeling 'in' the literary circle too..
So keep it up. I think i will be your daily visitor.

Unknown said...

That was nice bebs! :-).. i din know u have a thing for writing.. ;-)... ill be trying to visit it often.. BTW.. does that 'money' plant have any significance???? :-)

Shohit said...

well i cud the same to you right now on Gtalk, but i think I shud make this blog more happenning :P, so writing here .....
newayz gud idea hai .....
hopefully i'll see more interesting stuff here ....
uhm dunno wt else to write ..... am also in offc ...
so more later ....

Sameer Jain said...

ya i know about that ‘unknown satisfaction’ after writing a blog... the only difference between your blog and mine is that yurs is more literary while mine is random...i plan to write anything and everything which comes to my mind.... dunno about feeling of being 'in' the literary circle....but certainly its relaxing in its own way... hope to see you on it regularly...:)

Sameer Jain said...

hey Di.... i didn't have a thing for writing... just giving it a try... no that 'money' plant doesn't have any significance.... just got it JLT... I hope you are enjoying yur stay....

Sameer Jain said...

thanks shohit... i'll certainly try to put some interesting stuff on it... lets see how far i go to continue writing on the blog...

Siddharth Jain said...

So....Finally..My lil amitabh bachchan has his blog !!!! its good, lol. i never came to know of your daily routine.now i can and moreover, i will come to know your heart out..All The Best Bro.. :-)

Kage01 said...

Nice one bro. I am getting to know you better by reading your blog so keep writing it. I also realized the benefits of keeping a journal/blog to vent your feelings through writing. Its about time I want to experience it too. I will write my blog about my day and my thoughts. I am an introvert so I have a lot of time to myself. Will start tonight GMT.

Anonymous said...

well done !!