Wednesday, December 10, 2008

latest acquisitions...

Hi All,

If you remember, sometime back I wrote about two of my latest acquisitions. Time time has come for me to write about them...

Acquisition 1: Sheesha a.k.a Hookah

For a very long time I wanted to own a Hookah. I was sick and tired of going to Hookah Bars and spending a fortune on them. I wanted to have one at my home and smoke it whenever I want. I wasn't getting an opportunity to buy one for myself actually there is very less choice is Delhi and Hookahs are expensive here. You can find relatively cheeper and better Hookahs in Mumbai.

One day my Jiju made a plan to visit Shirdi and from there to Mumbai...I found it an apt opportunity and thus I explained him the fun/ use/ cost saving/ benefits of a Hookah. So he agreed to get me one....

When he went to Mumbai my brothers there helped him out to choose one for me and one for himself. He came back with a nice big Hookah with 10 flavors...




Ahhh....it was a bliss to smoke the Hookah for the first time... I was amazed with the kind of variations with which one can smoke it.... you can use water, ice, juice, milk as a natural filter to increase the thickness, taste and temperature of the smoke.



Though I don't smoke it much as it contains .5% tobacco which can be injurious to health over time ;) ... nevertheless it was a good buy and I am proud to own one..!!



Acquisition 2: Stamp Paper Painting

For those who don't know I am lover of art and antiques. I also had a great collection of antique coins which got stolen from an exhibition...bloody Ba*^&*%

One evening I was at 'Dilli' Haat with my mom and a friend. While she was busy purchasing something... I casually walked into an art store... I was suddenly attracted to a collection of paintings made on 99 years to 300 years old Stamp Papers... I was intrigued by two things... firstly, the fact that the Stamp Papers were very old and secondly, how beautifully the paintings were made on those Stamp Papers.





I immediately bought one got it framed and now it finds place in my drawing room amongst my priciest possessions...


adios

sam

PS: The actuals are different from the ones shown above!!






2 comments:

S@RG@M said...

Sam..!! Its always good to read your blogs.... they're fresh and they're amusing at times... Like Sheesha wid Milk....!! ha ha ha... You can negate the hard effects of nicotine wid the good effects of milk... and well, I wasn't aware that such a combo existed before I read what you wrote.

Sameer Jain said...

hehehe...thx man... yeah it does... the manufacturer has mentioned it in the user guide.... it increases the thickness of the smoke... :)